Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The story of adopting our son Keaton!





We are Christy and Kevin and have been waiting for 3 1/2 years to adopt from China. We started our process in November 2006 and our LID was 4-13-2007. The wait time kept growing and growing!! We kept updating our Home study, fingerprints, and I-171H over and over! The third time was early this year. We finally decided to get educated about the Special Needs program we had said "no" to several times in the past. God had a plan and he changed our minds overnight in mid May 2010. We called our agency and inquired more about the program on Friday May 14th, and decided on Monday May 17th to change to the Special Needs program from the Healthy child program. We turned our paperwork in to change on the 19th, and the same day we got information on a child our agency thought may be a good match! I went home and Kevin and I reviewed the file and locked in our referral for Yang Tian Yu. The next morning we confirmed our decision and our request was sent to the CCAA. Keaton got parents on his 1st birthday May 21, 2010. Our letter of approval to adopt came on May 26th, and LOA arrived June 12th! Now we are waiting on our Travel Approval to go have our GOTCHA DAY to bring Keaton Ellis Tian Yu home from China!

4 comments:

  1. keep posting updates! such wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting! Thank you both for sharing the experience with us.

    (Greg & Callie)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is adorable!! Maybe we'll see you in Inner Mongolia!

    Stacy (our red thread to cadence)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping to see you in China!!! Keep us all posted when you hear TA! I bet we hear close to the same time! Getting anxious, as I imagine you are as well.

    Darcy waitingfornevin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete