Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fun treasures of our trips!! 10 days until travel!




We are so ready to go to China! As many have read I packed over a month ago hoping for our TA much earlier than it actually arrived since our agency expected it in mid-July. The delay was very frustrating, but God's timing works best! We were able to re-arrange Keaton's doctor's appointments in October and give him a couple of weeks to adjust first. His nursery is ready and he will probably be overwhelmed with all of his stuff. We cannot wait to see what his favorite toys are. I hope is not afraid of monkeys because there are stuffed monkeys everywhere and we are taking one to China for the day we meet him. We are also taking other toys packed all through the suitcase and I am sure we will buy him more in China, but the fun part he will be able to pick them out!! I hope he does not pick out something too big to bring home! I would hate to have to pay shipping for a TOY! LOL! We always find some item on trips that are a challenge for Kevin to carry through customs (the big 50 lb+/- wooden stingray from Belize 2007 and the globe from China in 2004). If anyone knows us they may get a chuckle remembering those stories. The globe was hilarious, and we were able to check it in as luggage. The plan was just to hold it! We were in a group of 88 retirees including my grandmother on our honeymoon, and our globe was a funny topic for us all the day we left! The box made the globe look much bigger than it was as you can see in the picture.(see our early post for how we chose China- story of our honeymoon)

This time we will be carrying our biggest and best travel treasure of all times our sweet little boy that is a giant wiggle worm named KEATON through customs!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Ten days!!! I know that Keaton will just fall in love with you guys!! New parents and NEW TOYS what little boy can resist that!!!!
    Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Millie you and Juan will be trailing right behind us! I pray you guys get your TA very soon!

    ReplyDelete