We are in Hohhot pronounced Hu-ho-houta! We really love it here so far. Very Modern area of the city in which we are staying. We are in the Shangri-La Hotel and it is beautiful!! Truly a 5 Star Hotel in China.It is only 3 years old so very new rooms. Most of the hotels they call 5 Star are NOT! It is only about $100 US dollars per night in this area! Quite a deal!! We do not get to choose the places we stay a it is all arranged by the guides prior to our travels. GREAT CHOICE!! They brought Keaton's crib up with our luggage. The have been great!
Another family in our blog list emailed to notify of the names of 2 of the guest relations staff Eva and Kat, and told us they were most helpful and to tell them hello. We met them both upon our arrival and they were so heartfelt to be remembered by the other family!
We met up with the other couples in our group of families. It was so neat to meet the couple in one of our blogs (Waiting for Nevin) in person. Our son's are 2 days apart in age and we are all sure they have most likely been play mates at the orphanage.
We witnessed another couple in our group have their Gotcha Day yesterday and there were tears of joy and also tears of sadness seeing the baby cry and also her caregiver due to the loss of the child to the new parents. I have been sobbing off and on since 3p yesterday for both happiness and also knowing the pain Keaton will experience briefly! We watched videos that show this exact situation , but until you are experiencing it and seeing it in person it is VERY EMOTIONAL! ( I always got emotional watching the video at home, but I am a basket case. I need to snap out of it so I do not scare him to death when he meets us this morning! It is 640a and we receive Keaton at 1100AM !!!! GOTCHA DAY FINALLY!!!
I have been crying off and on on my end just imagining the whole thing. It is probably good I am not there to add fuel to that fire. We are there in spirit. We love you. Give Keaton a big kiss from Dee Dee and Baba Mark. We will be waiting for pictures of your little family finally!!
ReplyDeletewe're thinking of yall, sooo excited for you and hope the next few hours pass quickly!!
ReplyDeleteCan't to see pictures and meet him! Thinking of everyone!
ReplyDelete